Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Olympic Torch

The Olympics are starting on July 27 in London. The Olympic Torch has been making its way through the UK for over a month now and it came through Leicester. So one day after work I met Mel downtown and we staked out our spot to see the Torch run by.

They gave us all Union Jack Flags while we were waiting.

Mel and I.
We got there very early and waiting for over an hour before we saw anything. But the atmosphere was great.

Finally we start to hear and see something 

The Parade was amazing. All of these people dressed up like torches. 







They did a great job of making you see the flame in every costume





These people had to be exhausted since they had been doing this parade for hours by they time they got to us.





I think this one is my favorite




After the parade everyone was really pumped and excited.

A bus with some of the relay runners on it.
We thought the torch was on its way but we had to wait another 5 minutes.

But here she comes



I have never been a huge fan of the Olympics but this was amazing to see. I am excited to watch the opening games.

Our school had a family fun day and one of the booths was getting your picture taken with the real olympic torch.

What a cool experience. This picture was taken on the 4th of July so I am trying to look more like the Statue of Liberty. Can you see the resemblance!?

1 comment:

greg|regan said...

Will you guys go see any of the Olympics?