Thursday, September 23, 2010

The last day in the Keelen Adventures in New Zealand

On the last day before my parents left we celebrated by taking a drive to the Moeraki Boulders. We ate at my favorite restaurant Fleurs and had wonderful last day together. The tide was in a bit, and Kit ended up getting wet up to his knees, but that didn't stop us from still enjoying the beautiful sunshine and great views.
(he might have not been to comfortable until we changed his socks and shoes)
We celebrated my 30th birthday with a glass of wine on the beach and then the most amazing meal ever. Perfect way to end a perfect trip. I miss my parents a lot, but I know I will see them soon. I am so thankful that they were able to visit us, meet our friends, see where we live and enjoy all that New Zealand has to offer!


The boulders



My cousin Justin's band Revis is coming out with a new Album and here we are supporting them. This was my mom's idea and we saved the best place for our picture!



on top of the boulders

and from behind

Cheers to me!

This picture doesn't do the scenery justice. It was such a beautiful site.

Fish dinner at Fleurs

  On the table we were sitting at they wrote our name and the person coming in after us name in chalk. It was a coincidence but  here is the names written on the table. I think it was meant to be. 
( for those who don't know my middle name is sue.)

My birthday cake! It was important to me to be able to celebrate my 30th with my parents. 
(I love being able to blow out candles on my cake.)



here is the yummy,cake with ice cream and how did they know that these are one of my favorite flowers.



That is the end of the Keelen adventures in New Zealand. Again a perfect trip!!!

3 comments:

Cody said...

wow wine and dinner and dessert at Fleur's, sounds like an amazing way to spend the bday. Happy birthday Natalie! Also I have to ask, did anyone get the whole fish????

Kit Nat said...

no whole fish. But Kit did have a whole fish at another restaurant here.

Cody said...

fintastic!