Monday, February 18, 2013

27-28 weeks- Third Trimester

I can officially say that I am in my third trimester! We can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone so far. I am feeling better everyday, and really getting my energy back. It could help that I had this last week off of work for half term break and I just relaxed the whole week. My back is starting to hurt when I walk long distances and at night, but I'm sleeping better. The baby is the size of an eggplant this week and is breathing amniotic fluid and can get hiccups.  He is also growing layers of fat and is showing brain activity. We still haven't decided on a name but I think we might be getting close!
He is still kicking a lot but he has some quiet times also. He seemed to enjoy listening to the Grateful Dead today!

We bought a cosleeper crib this past week and we put up a tree with bird decal in the corner of the room the baby will be in. We are getting closer to being more prepared for the baby but I still feel like I have a long way to go! Next weekend we go to our first prenatal class. It is a hypnobirthing class, and I know the name sounds a bit strange but I have heard wonderful things about hypnobirthing. It basically focuses on breathing, relaxation and promoting a calm birth. Then the weekend after that we go to a prenatal class. So we are busy with preparations and I'm still reading as many books as I can get my hands on, both informational and fictional.






We had wonderful weather today so we went for a long walk. 
My very handsome husband!



No comments: