Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dunedin Adventures




Our life has gotten back to that normal routine since the Elams came to visit. I am still in the process of looking for a job and Kit is plugging away at work. We have really started making good friends here in Dunedin and spending a lot of time with them. In someways it feels like college here, most of the people we have become good friends with are not from New Zealand or at least not from Dunedin. We are all thrown in this new community trying to find our way in the world. It is amazing the people you meet here and where they come from. We have met people from South Africa, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, England, and of course the US. Us Americans, seem to stick together and we don't even mean too. We went to a dinner the other night and everyone there was American expect for two people. Maybe it is because we have that similar background to fall back on, but I think when we move to a new place we find people that we were truly suppose to be friends with.

The weather has started to get colder here, but not too bad yet. The leaves are kind of changing and it has that crisp fall feel in the air. We are still getting adjusted to the fact that its April and its fall. I think having those opposite seasons is going to take awhile for me to get use too. We have gone on some really nice hikes lately and are exploring even more new places around Dunedin. Here are some pictures from our adventures..


Our good friends Christina and Juan

At Glenofalloch Gardens we found this pond with and alter in the middle. I fell in love with the green in this picture.

Explorer Kit

We drove to Aramoana which is at the beginning of the bay.


This sea loin kept turning around for us, like he/she was posing for photo shoot.


Since moving here we have heard of Signal Hill, but we had never been there. I am still amazed that we hadn't found this place before. It was a drive up the mountain to a look out point over Dunedin. It would be a great place to watch the sunset. It was so beautiful.

Dunedin


Cheers!

2 comments:

Workman Family said...

Awesome! I am so glad you guys are having such a fun time and making friends.

Will said...

Check out Kit's collick in the first picture. Ha! I don't know how you dudes can take opposite seasons. The flowers are just starting to bloom here and I'm getting used to the idea that life may just be worth living again - I reckon winter in NZ ain't as ugly as in Korea. There's not even any grass around - just red dirt and bare trees. Sadness land.

Stay strong! I love the blog - post as often as possible.