Sunday, April 25, 2010

6 Months!

Can you believe we have been here for  6 months!!! What can I say but time has flown by. It is amazing to think that 6 months ago today we landed here in Dunedin. I remember being tired, energized, excited, sad and happy all at the same time. It was a hard choice for us to move away from our family, friends and our culture but I am so thankful for this time here. We love New Zealand and all that it has to ofter. I may complain about the weather not being warm enough and it does rain a lot, BUT one great thing about rain, is green green green! Kit and I were talking about how the leaves are almost done changing, but everything else is still so green. We have been running in the woods in Ross Creek and the ferns and undergrowth are still vibrant and alive. I really hope that winter still invites green growth.

I feel like we have  done a lot for the short time we have been here. We have traveled to almost all of the southern part of the south island more than once. We have made heaps of friends and we are meeting more and more people almost every weekend. We have gone to local New Zealand concerts, seen performances at the theater, had family visit, explored places on our own and with friends. There have also been some challenging times, especially for me not having a job. However, I think any where we would have moved would have been challenging for us and that makes the adventure even more special.


One of the adventure we went on recently was to Oamaru. Kit had some time off around Easter and we decided to take a day and go explore another town. It is only an hour drive and some of it was along the coast. We loved Oamaru and its historic district, cheese factory and closeness to the ocean. Pictures from our trip below!

We had a picnic on the beach with local cheese, wine and bread. yummy!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I'm guessing in this case, the chicken came first?

Dena Moon said...

I'm loving the rock person! Great photos!

Shannon said...

what a fantastic adventure you are on!!