The hardest part is going to be saying goodbye to our animals. Lately, each day I wake up to my animals near me and I am so thankful for the happiness and comfort they have brought to our lives. We have had Marcello for 6 years and he was a lifesaver for me in Madison. He was my friend when Kit traveled almost every week. He was my someone to come home to and snuggle with. He has always been my snuggler and sweetheart and it is going to be hard for me not have him there with me.
Tahini was next and she has always been our little adventurous kitty. At first she was more of an alone cat, she never snuggled and didn't like being petted to much, but she loved to play. Her and Marcello became very close friends and enjoyed playing with each other. After a couple of years she became more friendly with us and would love being petted. She still comes up to us and snuggles on her time, but she loves meowing and singing with Kit and enjoying time in the kitchen with use while we are cooking. Again, not having her with us, is going to be very hard, but Tahini and Marcello will stay with Kit's parents, which they love, so I know they will be ok. They will be able to outside and play with their cats. So it will be hard, but they will be ok.

And last is our Bosky dog. He has been such a great addition to our family. He really has grown to be apart of the animal relationships. Marcello and Bosky are buddies and love smelling and hanging out with each other. Tahini and Bosky have a chase me and I'll chase you relationship, but they still get along great. He has is still a little shy around other dogs, but he is working on playing with them and swimming also. He will be coming to New Zealand with us, but probably not for a couple of months. I worry about him for the flight over there and then he has to be quarantined 6 hours away from us for a month. Sometimes I feel selfish for having him go through all of that, because he is so sensitive, but I hope it is for the best. But he will be staying with my parents in the months he is not with us, which is perfect. He loves it there and he will get to play with other dogs and have lots of love.
4 comments:
7 weeks! Those will fly by. Enjoy N-ville and happy early birthday!
Thanks Yishai! Are you guys going to Kelly's wedding? If so we will see you there!
We'll see you there!
You guys are going to have a kick ass time in NZ!
So glad you will be blogging again. I as so so excited for your adventures! If you are up in CU please look us up, we are still in the same place,often times we are here. Enjoy the rest of your time stateside.
Post a Comment