Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Inland Hurricane



We had a huge storm in Carbondale last week. They are calling it an inland hurricane. So, I thought I would post a blog with pictures of the storm. It was intense, 100 per mile winds that tore trees up from the roots, knocked down power lines and 100 year old trees. We were lucky to only have a couple of shingles off of the roof. Many people had trees through their houses. We didn't have power for 6 days, but thank God, the weather was warm and not freezing outside. Thanks to our super camping skills and a great propane stove, we got through fine.






















3 comments:

greg|regan said...

wow! crazy! where were you guys when the storm was going on? did you know it was going to be that intense?

Kit Nat said...

I was at work during the storm in another town, which didn't get hit that bad. Kit was at the rec center. He said it was crazy. We had been under tornado warnings and watches all day. But this storm took us all by surprise. I don't think anything has hit Carbondale like this. Hope your doing well!

greg|regan said...

we are doing well. super busy and tired. come to madison soon! you can stay with us of course!