Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cardiff Castle

Cardiff Castle was awesome! We or I should say I loved it. I think Kit enjoyed the castle, but not as much as me. The history of the castle is very interesting, "During 2000 years of history, the Castle has been a Roman Garrison, a Norman stronghold and in Victorian times was transformed into a gothic fairytale fantasy." The castle it's self was built in the Victorian times but decorated to look like a castle from the medieval times. If you would like to read more about it go here


like I said in the previous post, there was a jousting event going on the day we were there. They were many people dressed up in the time period, playing music, making arrows, juggling, sword fighting and jousting. Kind of the perfect day to go.

This is a picture of the keep, where they would go to during a siege. It would have food, water and back up armory to ensure the survival of the people


we took a tour of the inside of the main castle. It was decorated very uniquely. This was the man's smoking room.



Stain glass windows


The main entertaining room

The roof top garden, which would have been filled with flowers and this fountain would have been running.

Kit and I on the roof top garden

The jousting!




Pictures of the keep

View from the steps of the keep over the grounds

me in a window

View of Cardiff from the tower

What is left of the inside of the Keep.

Dungeon?


Oh no, someone is stuck in the tower. I hope she can signal her prince charming.

Thank goodness, he found her and saved her.
 
 and  they lived happily ever after....

2 comments:

Kit said...

Great post! Also a great time!

Anonymous said...

just perfectly beautiful m'lady!