Friday, March 25, 2011

Oregon

Its about time I write a blog about our time here in Oregon. As I look out the window it just starting pouring, not just raining but pouring. There has been a lot of rain here, but it has made us really appreciate
those rare days of sunshine even more. We really are enjoying our time here in Eugene. I have been volunteering at a preschool and Kit has been working and enjoying it. Eugene is set a valley so we are surrounded by hills and mountains. We mostly see the foot hills, but on some of our drives and hikes we can see the mountains in the distance.  Everything is so green here which reminds me of  NZ, but you still can't compare NZ to anything. We loved it there and it feels like it was home for us. I think I will just start telling people I am from NZ, my accent might give me away though. :)

Some of our adventures in Oregon have included a winery trip, Portland, hiking, a concert and a lot of walks around the neighborhood we are living in. We are living in an amazing house up on a hill with a co-worker of Kits; Anna and her daughter Mira who is three and their dog Pasha. We are having a wonderful time here and we are so thankful that this worked out.


This is the view from the house we are staying it. A great view


Anna's house


We went and saw Kahi King in Eugene at this really cool old theater. She is an amazing guitar player and she had around 7 different guitars she played. This picture is of a harp guitar, which was pretty amazing. It was a great concert.

On our way to Wilamette Valley Vineyards for the Wine, Cheese and Pear Jubilee.

I had to show off my new shoes!

We passed by the Enchanted Forest theme park. It looked like an old decrepit theme park from a movie or something. It is actually still open and quite popular.

Wilamette Valley Vineyard (pronounced Will-am-it, their shirts actually saw its Wilamette Dam-it, since it rhymes)

Tasting yummy wine, cheese and pears.

The grapes, there are known for their pinot noir.


my sweet husband, isn't he so cute!

Hiking. So beautiful.

and a rainbow view from the house on St. Patrick's Day.
 


Our Portland adventure next. ( by the way it stopped raining, see it's not that bad)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Missing you! It's nice to see your faces :).

Workman Family said...

What a beautiful part of the country! You are REAL world travelers, you know!! Oh, I love your new boots!!