Friday, March 04, 2011

Southern Illinois

After spending some time at my parents house in Northern Illinois where there was a ton of snow we drove down to Southern Illinois to Kit's parents house. We love snow but we were also excited
 for an area with no snow for a bit. The weather really warmed up when we were there and we were excited to have days near the 60's. We spent a lot of time outside enjoying the beautiful hills and scenery in So. IL. Kit did some work and got to see some of his PHD friends and I was excited to go back to my old school and see all of my co workers. It really made me miss working in a classroom. We had a wonderful relaxing time at both of our parents houses.


A sunset we saw on a drive one night.


I had been reading these books about the Amish and I was so excited to see an Amish family on our drive. A group of Amish moved into the orchards in Southern IL. I am so curious about them so i took there picture from the back, because I know they are not suppose to have their pictures taken.

We had a wonderful warm day, so Kit and I decided to go for a hike. It was so muddy but totally worth it.
The only green we found on the whole hike.

  My muddy shoes.


The most amazing part of the hike was all of the ice that was still formed everywhere. 




We had a great time. Valentines Day pictures to come :)

No comments: