I did not get the active movement advisor job. I am not too disappointed about it because there might be a teaching job in the works for me. One of the ladies I interviewed with was the head of a kindergarten association here and she was interested in me for some type of job there. I am very excited about this and I hope that I will get a job soon!
We had a great weekend. It was spent with good friends and new friends, eating pizza in a great restaurant with views of the ocean, and a car! We are going to buy a car this week! It is a baby blue Honda odyssey. We haven't bought it yet, but we have taken it for a couple of test drives and we hope to sign the contract tomorrow!! It is going to be so nice to have a car to muck around (as they say here) the South Island. We decided on a van, because if the weather is bad we can sleep in the back of it, we can throw bikes in the back, and of course the room for our lovely visitors! We have less than a week until the Elam family gets here and we so excited!!
The weather has been hit and miss this past week and it seems like that is the theme for the weeks to come. Sun one day, rain, rain and more rain the rest of the time. One thing I have learned about New Zealand, or at least Dunedin, is enjoy the sunny days while you have them. So I'm off to enjoy our sunny day just like the chickens on the side of the road below.
No comments:
Post a Comment