Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Natalie's Typical Day

My friend Regan asked what a typical day was for me and to do a picture post about it. I would not say that my day is the most interesting day, but it suits me fine for the mean time.

Regan also wanted to know if we meet a lot of Americans here in New Zealand and how Kiwi's view Americans. Overall, we have not met a lot of Americans, but we do hear them around. You can pick their accents out of any crowd. All of the kiwi's we have met are so nice and friendly, they all seem to like Americans very much. They have a lot of American shows here, even if they are shown months later. So overall, Americans are well accepted and liked. We did meet one of our neighbors before Christmas and she is from Austin, Texas originally, but has lived here for 10 years. Also there are a lot of professors that work for the University that are from America. Most people fall in love with New Zealand and stay. I can't see us staying here forever, three years seems like a perfect time for me.

I usually start my day off with eating breakfast in front of the computer, checking my email, blogs, facebook and looking for jobs and every couple of days, I skype with my parents.

I have been into puzzles lately, I spend some time during the day or evening working on it.
I usually head out of the house around 11 or so to meet Kit for lunch and to hang out around town. This day it was raining. Here in Dunedin you have to be prepared for any weather.

Walking, lots and lots of walking.Here is a picture of what I see walking down George Street. I love window shopping and visiting new second hand stores and Antique shops to look for fun old things.


Lunch with Kit. (These pictures were taking on many different days, this day was one of those wonderful days, where we could actually wear shorts and t-shirts!) I usually make lunch for kit and if the weather is nice we sit in a park or the botonical gardens and have lunch. It is so nice that Kit and I can spend some time in the middle of the day together. It breaks up his work day and my day.

After that, I spend time walking around Dunedin, going to muesums, shopping, grocery shopping and exploring new places.One days when I am going far or its raining hard, I take the bus.


The fun household stuff I get to do: Dishes and cleaning:)
I have started some new knitting projects, this will be a cable knit hat for kit and next I am starting a sweater for me.

A day is never compelete with out a little reading, done on the couch or in the park.


And in case you didn't realize, I walk alot! Hopefully I all this hill walking will put me in great shape.
So, overall this is my typical day. I try to spice up my day through out the week, like visiting the butterflies at the museum and going to the beach (when its warm). It is summer here and it seems like a typical summer day for me back in Carbondale too. Cheers, I hope everyone's day is as relaxing and if you come to visit, I will know all of the best places in Dunedin:)

3 comments:

Bishai said...

NZ looks beautiful! Your days remind me so much of being in Costa Rica. (Looked for jobs, walked a million miles a day, read, got rained on). Good luck with that jigsaw puzzle, thousand piecer?

Kit Nat said...

1500 piecer!

greg|regan said...

Sounds so nice!!! To work on a puzzle and read and knit (if I could knit) and explore... I'm jealous! Thanks for putting together this post! I'm still working on getting some pictures of the snow, but you can imagine-- white, cold... =)