Larnach Castle is the only castle in New Zealand. It was built in the 1871 on the Otago Peninsula. The inside of the castle is beautiful decorated with wood carving on the celings, stain glassed windows and views of the Dunedin Harbor and the Pacific Ocean. The castle was bought in the 1960's and restored to what you see today. It was a wonderful self guided tour through the castle and the gardens.

The view of the main gardens from the front door of the castle

I wasn't suppose to take picture in the house, but this veranda was so marvelous, I had to capture it. I fell in love with it and could picture myself spending hours there.

The ballroom which I am hoping Kit will take me to a ball at in July

They referbished the stables into rooms you can stay in. This was the part were the horses and carriages were kept.

more of the gardens

honey bees

An old wishing well

Alice in Wonderland

The view from the tower of the castle. Across the harbor is Port Chamlers where Captain Cook landed.

It was a lovely warm day to spend at the castle
No comments:
Post a Comment