Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer Time

I have been enjoying my summer break by being very lazy, cleaning a little, and trying to stay cool. It is already in the low 90's here and is suppose to be 96 by next week. We haven't even hit the hot part of the summer yet, I don't know what I'll do in August. I finally broke down and turned the air on the other day. I was standing in my bedroom folding clothes and sweat was pouring down me. The animals seem very happy that the air is on. They were laying around the house on their backs when it was so hot. Well they are still laying around a lot, but they aren't so eager to go outside until the night time. They are have been catching moles like crazy again. Kit and I wonder how so many moles can be around our yard and why they think they should keep coming back. The other night we were sitting around sweating and we smelled this awful smell. Kit and I are down on our hands and knees smelling the carpet, moving the couch and chairs. We finally decided it was an old spot of soy milk that had been spilled their about a year ago. (we did clean it up and have had the carpets cleaned since then also). Kit can't take the smell and leaves the room. I start cleaning the carpet, scrubbing it down. Now let me remind you it was about 85 degrees in our house at this point. I let the carpet sit for awhile and started a sewing project. I kept getting these horrible whiffs of smell. It smelled like a dead animal. I was getting frustrated with my sewing b/c I messed it up and the heat and the smell was making me angry. So I get down on my hands and knees again and start smelling the carpet, I look over to the right and hidden under the chair was a dead mole!!! That was our smell and we finally found it. Kit and I are laughing by this point and disgusted by the decaying mole in our house. The cats and brought a mole in a probably played with it for awhile until it died. We leave a window open to the screened in porch so the cats and go in and out as they please and this is not the first or second or even third time the cats have brought moles into our house. I think I have lost track of the number. Tahini also brought in a bird one time. The poor thing had a broken wing and was freaking out. Ah, animals.

Here are some pictures of Tahini and Marcello being cute


notice the tail wrapped around Marcello leg.. to cute:)

1 comment:

Bishai said...

Great pictures! Oh, how pets amuse us and themselves...