3 weeks and 2 days until my due date
22 days until my due date!
In 2 days I will be 37 weeks pregnant and considered full term. Now it is just a waiting game until he is ready to come out. Anyone have guesses of when they think the baby will be here??
Kit thinks thursday May 9th and I think tuesday May 7th. But who knows he might decide to come on or after his due date on the 14th also. We are finishing up the final touches on things - buying last minute items like batteries for my TENS machine and portable fan, deep cleaning the house, knitting a last minute wool hat for the baby etc... My bag and baby bag are packed, and Kit's bag is almost done. At my last midwife appointment everything looked good as usual they took some more blood work to check my iron levels (which have been fine). He is head down still but not engaged yet. He is now around 6 pounds (or so the internet says) and the size of a honeydew melon.
We are getting very excited to meet this little boy, who still doesn't have a name. I have a favorite and so does Kit but they don't match right now. I think we will just wait and see what he looks like. We still have the same three names as two weeks ago so that is good! I'm feeling a little bit nervous about the whole birth thing, but I know it will be worth it! I keep telling myself I can do this, I trust in my body, the midwives and Kit!
I am still loving my maternity leave and enjoying having some time to rest before baby Elam comes. I have only had one day where I was bored. Kit and I have been trying to spend some quality time together, and going out to eat and for walks. We have a baby shower this week, which I'm excited about and then I have some plans to cook some meals to be frozen for after the baby comes. We weren't going to get a stoller since we were leaving so soon after the birth, but then decided to get a used one for the couple of months that we are here, so we have been bidding on some stollers on ebay but no luck yet. I will take some pictures of baby Elam's areas of the house this week. We haven't put the co-sleeper bassinet next to the bed yet but I will soon so you can all see what it looks like!
My lastest pictures.
I'm not in love with these pictures but oh well.



2 comments:
You look fantastic!! My vote is May 11th!! I love your blog updatea :)
xoxo
leen
You look beautiful.Can't wait to see my grandson.
Grandpa Steve
Post a Comment