a lot has happened since my last update at 30 weeks...
The baby is around 5 pounds and is the size of a butternut squash. The baby's lungs are almost fully developed and he is starting to keep his eyes open while he is awake. He is recognizing and responding to familiar songs that we sing to him. I totally agree with this as whenever I listen to my relaxation CD for hypnobirth he moves a lot, and when I sing You are My Sunshine to him he moves a bit too. He is still kicking/ rolling around a lot - especially at night when I am trying to sleep! Kit has nicknamed him Kicking bird.
I am feeling pretty good lately. I have been tired when I do a lot in one day but I am loving that I can lay down for a quick nap if I need to get my energy back. I have actually started making some meals or at least helping Kit out with the cooking and dishes more than when I was working. Our last midwife appointment went well and everything looks good. Baby is head down with his legs and arms to the side. Kit says he feels great about everything that has been happening and is looking forward to seeing our little boy!
I am officially on maternity leave starting tomorrow morning. I have been done with work these past two weeks but had been off two weeks for Easter break. I am happy to be done with work but it is a weird feeling knowing that I won't be going back there. Today is Sunday and I keep thinking I need to finish my planning for next week, but then I remember I don't have too! It's such a good feeling. However, I will miss the people I work with, especially the girls I sit with at lunch. The kids - I will miss some of them, other children I am happy that I won't have to see tomorrow!
We have been ordering a lot of baby gear off Amazon.co.uk and have been getting some awesome packages in the mail. We got our car seat, our boppy pillow, and our Ergo baby carrier. I am in love with Amazon and how quickly most of our packages come after ordering them. I also have to say thank you to my mom who has sent us many packages of baby gear from the States!
Our Boppy pillow and car seat
Kit practising with the Ergo carrier

Some random pictures from the past two weeks...
33 weeks and I'm getting ready to meet the other pregnant mom's from our prenatal class for lunch.
34 weeks
Hiking at Bradgate park when Regan and Greg where here
The official 34 week picture
Yesterday we had a fantastic sunny warm (50 degrees) day and went to the Botanical Gardens. We had fun taking some pictures and being silly
Kicking bird, sunshine and handsome husband
A picture of the two of us
One of me and the crocuses
And our awkward pregnancy photo, just for fun!
I can tell you it was hard to get up from laying on the grass after this hilarious photo
I'll have a bit more time now and will try to update weekly since we only have such a short time left!!





3 comments:
This is so sweet, you look great.
agree, you look amazing! can't believe the baby will be here so soon!
Can't wait for more updates! Love the pictures! We forgot to play around with the Moby. Ah well.
Post a Comment