That leaves 9 weeks and 2 days to go, 65 days left until my due date. It's getting close! We're really getting excited to meet this little boy who kicks my stomach at all hours of the day. He is starting to grow a lot in the next 9 weeks. Right now he is around the size of a pineapple and weighs around 3 pounds. He will be 31 weeks on Tuesday and his five sense will be completely developed.
I have had a rough couple of weeks lately, the stomach flu was the latest development. I am finally feeling better but I am hoping that I can make it through this week without having to take any days off of work! I only have two more weeks until I am done teaching. I'm excited but it will be weird to be on maternity leave so early.
Last night Kit and I celebrated 30 weeks by going out to dinner and eating 3 meals. This is a date night we had been looking forward to for weeks. I had only started eating "real" food on Friday after the stomach bug so I was nervous that I wouldn't be up for dinner. But I relaxed all day and my stomach was finally back to being normal. I was actually quite hungry and had room for an appetizer, dinners and a bit of lemon sorbet. We had so much fun and it was so nice to actually go out to dinner and feel good. I'm usually so exhausted at night (granted we at reservations at 630 and was home by 9).
Here are some pictures from our dinner:
Before dinner 30 week pictures
(a little peek of our wall decals for the baby's corner)
First course:
Eggplant Parmesan
One of our favorite restaurants in Leicester:
San Carlo
main meals:
Pizza and spinach ricotta cannelloni
Yum!
I only ate part of my pizza, so we took it home and finished it off later than night.
After dinner drink for Kit: Brandy
We forgot to take a picture of the lemon sorbet.
And a self portrait before bedtime where you can see my belly in all its glory
Today is mother's day in the UK
and I got some amazing flowers and card for my first official mother's day!







1 comment:
I LOVE YOUR BELLY!!! You look amazing. Happy 1st Mother's Day :)
I miss you,
Kathleen
Post a Comment