For my birthday, Kit and I went out to dinner and drinks at our favorite restaurant and bar in Leicester. We had a great night!
On my actual birthday, I came home from work to find that Kit had decorated the house for me. He put pictures of all of our friends all over the house, so it was like they were there to celebrate with me. It was fantastic.
All my wonderful birthday presents
so excited to blow out my Natalie candles
Over the summer, I started training for a 10k run. I never had a desire to run that far or ever thought I could. But Kit convinced me to sign up for a 10k run around the grounds of a castle (he had me hooked with the word castle). I needed something to motivate me over the summer and get me outside more, so with the help of my amazing husband, I actually did it! During my training there were some really good runs and some runs where I think I complained for the first half of it, but I always felt amazing afterwards. I decided I didn't care how fast I ran, just as long as I finished. Our friend Kate decided to run the 5k at the same time which was great.
Here we are before the run
it was a beautiful warm sunshiny day
Kit stretching
Us at the end.
I didn't come in last place, which I thought I might at times. Kit stayed with me the whole time and I finished in 1 hour 11 minutes, which is a little bit longer than my normal time for running a 10k, but the course was very hilly and I had been running flat ground in my training. The course was actually three times steeper than my training runs and they actually made the finish at the top of two huge hills!
But the grounds were beautiful and the castle was amazing to see.
A week or so later our good friend Nick came to visit us for a couple of days. He had a work trip to Switzerland and stopped over to see us at the end which was amazing. We haven't seen him in years and it was so good to catch up.
We took him to some local pubs and bars in Leicester. The next day Kit and Nick went on a bike ride pub crawl one day.
We ran across a picture of the three of us from 2006 and tried to recreate it one night.
Original
Retakes
First try- wait we're on the wrong side!
2nd and 3rd
and some fun pictures from the night
Pictures from Kit and Nick's bike pub crawl
Play those pipes!
Overall September was a great month and our October was even better - a visit from my parents for three weeks and a trip to Wales!















No comments:
Post a Comment