Friday, June 08, 2012

The Kotecki Surprise

A couple of weeks ago we got a note saying we needed to pick up a package in the mail.  We had know idea what it was, so we were really excited to see who sent us a package. We arrive at the post office and they couldn't find it at first. Then the lady behind the counter gives us this :



Kit and I looked at each other and started laughing. We had know idea it would be such a big package.
We still had some groceries to get and a trip to the library so we brought it with us. We got the best looks from people all wondering, just as we were, what is in that package. By this time we knew it was from our friends Kathleen and Adam.  We kept wondering what it could be and laughing the whole time. This saturday was our 6th week of rain and cold weather and this was just the sunshine and happiness we needed!

We got home and immediately started to to open the package. Kathleen and Adam recently got married and we were not able to make it to the wedding which was a really hard decision to make since Kathleen was was maid of honor at our wedding.  For their wedding they had given out embroidered napkins as a gift and they sent some of those to us, which was so thoughtful. Kathleen also sent me some handmade earrings and then the big gift:



I had opened the smaller items first and the picture was still wrapped up in bubble wrap. As I started to open it, Kit could read it and he said, Oh Natalie you are going to love this.  Once I saw that it said Elam, I started crying. It was such a wonderful and thoughtful gift. And the reason that Kathleen will always be one of my closest friends- she knows me and what I like!

Thank you, Thank you again to Kathleen and Adam for making our day.

We found the perfect spot for it in our living room:

We love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy the package made it in one piece!! It looke sgreat on your wall. Enjoy! I miss and love you