Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kingston Ave..

Over Christmas some of friends asked us if we could take more pictures of the street we live on and our neighborhood. It was hard to describe to people how many houses are on our street and how there are no trees on our street either. The pictures still don't capture it.

The view from right outside our house


Looking the other way down the street

 We are lucky that we have local shops that sell a small amount of food, drinks and household products if we run low. This store is about a 2 minute walk away from our house and has the nicest man working there.
We live in the neighborhood of Wigston. This is a picture of the shopping area, where we usually buy our groceries.

The William Wygston is a local pub that has some yummy pub food and drinks. We don't go often, but we like taking vistors here. 

We also have a really nice park around a 5 minute walk from our house. We spend a lot of days there when the sun is out, having ice cream from the ice cream truck, running or walking through or having picnics. It is a nice place to feel like we are back in nature a little bit.

Here are pictures of Knighton Park from the height of the summer.



in the winter

I thought I take some pictures of downtown Leicester also. This is a shopping area called the Lanes. There are a lot of shops and restaurants in the lanes.

This picture is the main center area of Leicester

Another shopping area

I hope this helps give everyone a little more insight into our neighborhood and downtown Leicester.

2 comments:

Workman Family said...

Thank you for posting, Natalie...you know I like the "visualize" where you are when I am talking to you=) xoxoxo

Aleza and Justin said...

What a cute neighborhood!!