Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Keelen's in England

less than a year ago my parents came to visit us in New Zealand. That trip seems like forever ago..




Last week my parents came to visit me while Kit was in the US for work. We spent most of our time in Leicester, decorating the house, site seeing, walking, riding the bus and just relaxing. We did spend one fun filled day in London also. It was an amazing visit and I am so lucky to have parents that can hop on over for a quick visit. My parents had been to England 32 years ago and were amazed at how different it is now. When they were here before, there were no big supermarkets, you got your meat from the butcher, fish from the fishmonger, milk was delivered, etc. There are still those options today, but it is much more like America now.

We don't have a car, so my parents got a taste of the walking and buses we take everywhere. I think they were amazed that I walk to and from the grocery store. It was nice having someone else to share the load of groceries with. (I usually go almost everyday) It was a great visit and we got a lot accomplished, we even bought a tv!

My parents pictures of St. Pancras Train station in London when they first arrived.



My dad and I in front of our house

My mom loved the cobble stone streets around Leicester

My brother's walk way, near the old Roman ruins in Leicester. We also found a St. Mary's Church (my grandma's name) and a St. Steven's Church (my dad's name)

My mom and I in the old part of Leicester



City Center Leicester

Mom and Dad by the river in Leicester

Dad and I on the Peace walk near the Veterans memorial

and on New Walk Street

Pictures from our Day in London next


2 comments:

Kate S said...

Your house looks so English! It's great to see Leicester so I can picture you there :).

Workman Family said...

yay!!! cant wait to see more!!