Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lasting Memories


I have no excuse for these pictures not being posted sooner. We were really busy towards the end of our time in NZ and when we got back into the states but after that we have had a lot of down time. So finally I am going to post some pictures of our Thanksgiving feast we had with our friends, and some of our last days in Duedin.

It was the first time that Kit and I have hosted a Thanksgiving and I never realized how much work goes into the cooking and planning of it. We made soooo much food, but it was all eaten by the 13 people that ended up coming over to our house. Turkey is hard to find in NZ and when I did it was very expensive. So I ended up making a chicken for everyone and then fish for Kit and I. We tried to have typical Thanksgiving food so I made stuffing, apple pie and Kit made sweet potato casserole. Only the sweet potates are different in NZ, they are called Kumera and are much sweeter in general than sweet potatoes so it ended up being more of a dessert dish and than a main dish, but it was fantastic! We enjoyed telling our friends about our Thanksgiving traditions. We had everyone go around the table and say what they were thankful for this year. Since this was one of our last times together, we had alot of laughing, a little bit of tears were shed, and a lot of happy memories. We were so thankful for our friends in NZ and it was one of the best 14 months of our lives.

The group

Eating.
 



The next set of pictures are of our close group of friends on our last night out in Dunedin.

Kate and I.
I miss you my dear friend...

The girls minus Kate S.

The boys


We miss you guys!!!!




1 comment:

Kate said...

Miss you too friend. You are special!