For my 30th birthday, I decided I wanted to have a 1930's party. Everyone got dressed up to the nines, looking like the cat's pajamas! Besides knowing what the theme was and my outfit, the rest was a surprise to me. Kit did a great job finding a venue for the party and organizing the whole thing. We took a taxi to the bar that he had rented out and I had my eyes closed the whole time. It ended up being a this great bar that Kit and I happened to walk by and check out in December. The places is called "The Cellars", which is fitting since our favorite bar in Carbondale was the The Cellar. Everyone hid and jumped out and yelled surprise to me, which I wasn't expecting at all! Kit and some friends had decorated the places with balloons, stars, streamers and it look fantastic! There was in a photo booth room with mustaches, beards and masks for people to wear. We had a such an amazing time and I was so thankful to all of my friends that braved the rain, snow, sleet to come out that night. I want to thank my wonderful husband, who made my 30th birthday perfect! You are a rockstar and I love you!!!
Friends hiding, waiting for me to come in.
The star couple. We looked fab!
A birthday isn't complete with out candles and a cake (or cupcakes)
Photo booth time-
Great friends!
The gang! Thanks again everyone :)
One of my surprises was a dance that some of my friends did for me. A mixture of "The Haka" a traditional maori dance and some new moves! Cheers to Justin for choreographing the dance and teaching it!
Girl Time
Kit loves to dance and he looked great!
All of us dancing the night away!
Thanks again Kit, it was the best birthday!!!
3 comments:
awww--it looks like such a WONDERFUL time!
how fabulous! Glad you are all having such a great time in NZ, and have made such wonderful friends. Are you thinking of staying longer than intended?
Kate- we are actually moving to England in Feb-March. Kit's boss took a job there and asked Kit to come along so we are moving! We are excited to be in a new country, but also sad that we will be leaving here. We love it here!
Post a Comment