Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Sandymount hike

Kit's Birthday was wonderful. We went out for sushi and drinks with friends on this actual birthday. Then on Saturday we had a party. The theme was "P", everyone had to dress up in something that started with the letter P. Kit was Peter Pan and I was a Peacock. Everyone really got into dressing up and we had a blast. On Sunday we went on a new hike on the pennisula that had the most amazing views. It was one of those beautiful days in Dunedin, where you drop all of your plans and head outside.

I started a knitting class, which I am loving. I already know how to knit, but I am learning some new techniques, making new friends and this week I learned how to spin my own yarn. Spinning my own yarn is something I have always wanted to learn and I was excited that my teacher had a spinning wheel and brought it in for us to play with. It was hard getting started, having my feet do something completely different than my hands. My teacher explained it like trying to rub your belly and  pat your head at the same time. I wasn't very good, but with practice I am sure I will get it down. I am still knitting my sweater and  it is actually starting to look like a sweater now! Here are some pictures from our hike. I hope everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is enjoying their spring, because we miss it!

1 comment:

Dena Moon said...

Beautiful pictures! I want to be there!
(and I will enjoy spring for you, as soon as it starts! Here it is snowing today)