Sunday, March 02, 2008

First Signs of Spring and Beer making


The weather has been amazing the past couple of days. It has been around 55-60 which has been wonderful. I saw my first robin today and the daffodils are starting to come up. I am hoping this weather will stay at least in the 40's for awhile. I planted tulip bulbs in the fall so I am excited to see them sprout, I am really hoping that I planted them the right way. My mom told me a story about how she planted her bulbs one year upside down and hence nothing happened. I was careful, so we will see! Kit has been brewing his own beer, something he has wanted to do for awhile. Our friend Toby does it, so he has been helping Kit with the process. He put everything in a 5 gallon contanier for two weeks and then just bottled it a couple of days ago. It still has two more weeks to sit before we can drink it. We are excited, home brewed classic English Pale Ale!! here are some pics of the spring and the beer bottling.




Happy Dog, the animals love the weather

What a great bunch of pets!


Beer making!!!
The hops at the top.

The beer

The brew master
Expert Brew master Toby and young paduan, emptying the beer into a bucket for bottling

The beer

Filling up the bottles


Capping the bottles


Finished Bottles

Empty

All done.


Well done Kit, we can't wait to try it. St. Patty's day should be a good time!!!

2 comments:

Sprague said...

your dog looks awesome. I wish they made inflatable dogs you could blow up when you went out and had time for them, then collapse so they didn't have to live in a tiny apartment and are left alone all the time. C'moooon science!

Will said...

Seriously that dog is awesome. Just sitting around thinking about stuff all the time. Like not sad, but contemplative, you know? He looks awes in my Chicago hat too. You know what - it's his!