As many of you know I have been looking for a elementary teaching position instead of my preschool one, b/c the preschool is moving me to a different site. I have applied for a couple of positions with the school I have been working in and I didn't get any of them. The position I really wanted they cut b/c of money and I am not quite sure what happen to the other ones. I have had board members come up and tell me how great I interviewed and they want me to keep applying. So I applied for a middle school social studies position and I know I don't have alot of experience in social studies but I would have done a great job. I knew after the interview they weren't going to send me on the next level of interviews and today I found out for sure. I am just frustrated and pissed. I am a great teacher...
Oh well everything happens for a reason, I keep telling myself..
3 comments:
I've also noticed that it's easy to get type-cast into certain teaching roles once employers look at your history. I'm looking for a primary grades position but when principals see that I've taught middle school they immediately want to talk about that instead.
Something will work out before August...
Thanks Carrie
hey natalie,
sorry to hear you are having a hard time finding a teaching job, but at least you know you are searching in an area that is notoriously difficult for getting a job in. especially in the midwest!!! what if you went back to get more certifications... do they have those in illinois? like for social studies, or a reading specialist... that sort of thing. i know something will come up for you though! and you can always move back to madison.... =)
Post a Comment